Category: Continuing Education
Start Date: 8/11/2020 at 9:00 AM
End Date: 8/11/2020 at 12:00 PM
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Identify what classifies a service dog under the American with Disabilities Act.
• Explain when Emotional Support Animals are and are not protected by various laws.
• Understand how Officer K-9’s are classified and how to treat them in a rental situation.
• Understand the requirements for training a service dog.
• Identify the questions allowed to ask someone who has a service dog to verify the allowance of the dog.
• Understand when a service dog may be excluded from ADA.
• Explain how service dogs are classified under the Fair Housing Act.
• Explain how an Emotional Support Animal would be allowed under the Fair Housing Act.
• Know the questions allowed to be asked under the Fair Housing Act and Section 504.
• Understand what Florida Statutes says regarding service animals. the Fair Housing Act and Section 504.
• Understand what Florida Statutes says regarding service animals.
You MUST register in advance as the instructor will be tracking and reporting your CE credits.
FIRM registration deadline: 12:00 pm on Monday August 10th. No exceptions