The original charter was granted to Lake County Real Estate Board on October 22, 1923.
On October 23, 1925 the Tavares Realty Board applied for membership in the National Association of Real Estate Boards. A charter was issued to Mount Dora Real Estate Board in March 1929.
On September 27, 1935, the Real Estate Board of Lake County, Florida applied for membership in the National Association of Real Estate Boards.
In February, 1951, the Leesburg Board of REALTORS® was formed. Jurisdiction was noted as City of Leesburg and immediate vicinity, including Lady Lake, Fruitland Park and suburban Okahumpka.
In 1995, Leesburg Board of REALTORS® became Mid State Association of REALTORS® in January 1997.
Many individual members of the respective boards served with distinction on various FAR and NAR committees as members and/or chairs.
The REALTORS® Association of Lake and Sumter Counties exists to unite, educate, promote and support our members. We are the model of ethical real estate professionals, adding value to our community..